Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Excuses!

It would appear that when I am feeling good about running and feeling strong, that I do not write anything. I have a few excuses I could post, but who needs to hear and in this case read those?

I am feeling great! All of a sudden my base returned and I am now able to run faster and longer without feeling every moment of the effort. It is about time! White Rock was a real breakthrough for me in so many ways and even though I struggled and did not reach my time goal, I feel good about what I did learn and achieve in that race.

But the eye is on the prize...the Mardi Gras Marathon is February 1; not very far away at all. I will be running the half marathon, as the full was not in the cards for me this Winter.

Am I disappointed?
Of course.

Do I feel good about my decision?
Absolutely.
I would rather be able to run forever, than blow out in one race; a race, which in hindsight, I wasn't even ready to train for in the first place.

The race is only 3 weeks away. This past Sunday I had a great run with my friend Joanna and ran 13.11 in the same time I ran my first half. Monday, I was able to come out with fresh legs and run a great speed group. It is nice to have some confidence again as it makes me feel like I can run forever. What a great feeling.
I have added a picture from the Mardi Gras Half Marathon in 2008 and hope to be a blur in it for 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment